Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Preparation

"Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil." Ephesians 6:11

it is now 3:00 am and this time i'm not awake because i can be, but rather i was kept awake by
omgpop HOWEVER, i was not up playing games on it...i was at first playing "Blockles" on it, but then this player said "religion is a joke" and most of you know, i pretty much will never run away from a chance to get into a religious discussion! so i started just saying a few things here and there as i kept playing, but as he kept throwing questions at me, i created a chatroom on omgpop and continued the discussion with him there...i REALLY praise God for putting this chance in front of me, because i do love these discussions, and i got a taste of what my future life will consist of! and i praise Him for not allowing any anger, not even a little bit, to enter into the conversation, as i was constantly reminded before by mommy to never get fustrated at the "evangel-ee" so it was good no anger was in it from both sides...anyhoo, we talked about a lot and he asked a lot of questions, in the beginning those question were easy beasy (not being prideful, just have heard these questions/answers a lot from those mission trips) but then he got into evoltionism, which i only understand the surface level of it...so my answers were rather weak, but i told him i'd get back to him after i consulted with someone else (as mommy told me before to never let the evangel-ee feel like they've lost) but when i knew my answers were weak, i felt disappointed, but hopeful at the same time...because starting this fall, i'll be able to be more fully equipped and learn more about how to deal with these situations, which is making me excited just thinking about it!

(i just read the above, and i think it was written more for myself...haha) i might as well update now as i'm already here...these few days have been fun with the aunts, but every time it get quiet, i think about how i have to leave so soon, and it makes me sad...i even told my mom two days ago that i regret choosing Calvin because it's so far away and so cold...i really didn't want to go there anymore...but when i know it's where God wants me to go, disobeying Him will only bring more troubles, haha, and He reminded me again with the song "Trust and Obey" so that's what i'll have to continue doing, and i hope that you'll continue to pray for me too.

p.s. one of my excuses to elminate Calvin out of my list when i was choosing colleges was that the major i'd had to go into there is "Religion" rather than "Theology" but today when chatting with dood on omgpop, he mentioned other religions (but not too much as he wasn't that familiar with it either and he mainly mentioned buddhists and muslims - which i'm rather ok on) and i was thanking God for allowing me to be able to go into Religion! so point of this random update so early in the morning is that, i really gotta be more prepared! =)

1 comment:

tracers said...

haha awesome!! I have yet to be able to do that... I walk away form those discussions usually... but like... really slowly... I try first then start walking away as I don't know what to say... haha