Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Passion Tea Lemonade

edit// (09.17 10:55am) i forgot to mention that on sunday i was also told that i'll be the pianist for the "youth worship team" that leads on sunday every other week! sooo, this week is us! i'm excited! i also found out last night that they want me to play on friday too! this is one of the reasons i'm starting to feel "at home" with this church cause i have stuff to do! Praise Jeebus!

original// Passion Tea Lemonade (i want some.) aka PTL aka Praise The Lord!

Today makes 1 week and a day at Calvin College! For those of you wondering/been asking...classes have been alright, i don't see them being a pain in the butt...YET, i think a few classes will annoy me cause of the "stuff" there is, but i know they're not HARD work...so PTL! My roommate and i are getting along better, not that we weren't before, but we kinda just didn't talk at all the first week, but we've been talking more now, so PTL! Now aside from the complaint of last week's fellowship at this new church of mine, i REALLY enjoyed sunday service, PTL yet again!

Sunday: service was very simple, church is supah tiny, but that's ok, it's what i'm used to...they sang oldies, hahaha, but oldies that i knew, so hoorah! anyways, after service (that started at 2:30pm) they had a bbq/pot luck and i was introduced to 2 Malaysian Families, 1 Singapore lady, and a buncha other people that knew about me before i came...hahaha, and 1 of the Malaysian family knows of my parents! it was so weird! the moment i mentioned our JB church, they were like "OHHHHHHHHH!!!" O.o but it was awesome, it made me feel very much at home...=) and after church i went with 4 other youths the the grocery store and i got myself some junk food...haha, enoch's predicting that i'll gain the Freshmen 15 and he WILL make fun of me...and i said it won't happen....(hopefully! ><) sunday made me really like church and look forward to church this weekend! which is a good sign cause it means i'm starting to treat this church as home...so there's no more homesickness because i got one here =D so PRAISE JESUS!!! He is good~

I have Oral Rhetoric class because it completes a core and i thought that this would be most helpful for my future career than like...science education studies or art (which everyone knows i fail at...) and we had our first speeches due today, and since i had sent my speech to my teacher the day before for her to "edit"...she knew i had it ready, so she called on me...haha, it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be, but i spoke a lot quicker than i practiced...=/ oh well, i'm glad it's over and i don't have to worry about it for another day...one class tomorrow! yay! so all in all, life is pretty good...it's also starting to get cold...59 degrees right now...isn't this tucson winter?! @.@

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

if you gain the freshmen 15, u better lose it asap. if you cross the line to the dad's side aunts.... it's a long, dark road ahead of you, my friend. a long, dark road.

the yimas and xiao yi keep calling me about the break up, and they (including my mom) keep saying to trust in God for the best future. "oh, and stay beautiful, because if you get wrinkles from too much crying, that's pretty much a wrap."

i'm glad we have such encouraging aunts to help us put into perspective the most important things in life~~

Anna said...

I'm glad that you are happy and are getting to know the church! I know, having stuff to do and some responsibilities makes every day worth doing eh? So good that you have opportunities to serve already! =)

tracers said...

You forgot a PTL.

I can't wait for you to come back so we can go to applebee's in cute winter outfits. Actually it kind of feels like you haven't left since I talk to you every other day... XD

BUTT.

Sooper glad you're feeling more at home there! PTL indeed!!