Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Your Grace is Enough

Your Grace Is Enough came on through my shuffle play today, and even though i'm quite sick of Chris Tomlin now, i still finished listening to the song and was very happy. x)

i just played piano for about 15min and decided to come write this blog post (i will continue to play after this tho) because i realized how much i sucked...not even kidding, i'm TERRIBLE, especially having stopped lessons in so long (my piano teacher died, i didn't quit....lol, that was for you xiao qi jie) and i wasn't even great when i stopped...so my skills only went down hill...i took out my piano books, instead of playing my usual random sheet music of Jay Chou/Wang Lee Hom/Worship songs, and tried playing my old songs, i could barely play any of them! Not even the ones were i was super good at, at that time...but i was talking to my mom a few weeks ago about this...
mom: you have the spiritual gift of playing piano
me: ma, i really don't think i do
mom: yes you do, you know how i know? because me and your dad didn't give you ANY musical talents, but you are able to play piano now, that's definitely from God, so it's a spiritual gift, but definitely not a talent
i thought that was interesting...cause i have no talent, but it's definitely a blessing from God that i have been able to play for worship and so many mission trips! and if it weren't for the serving, i would never touch the piano...haha

"And He has said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness " Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me." (2 Corinthians 12:9) -- Favorite verse (it's even the first quote on my Facebook, and if it's on Facebook, it means something =P)

So, i'm not afraid to say...i suck a lot a lot...but that's ok! cause that means God gets to teach me piano! x)

p.s. my brother learned piano till 6th grade and in 2005 when he was going after this girl he had me teach him piano so he could play 龍捲風 by Jay Chou...my mom was very entertained by both of us sitting on the piano bench and me telling what/how to play...haha

3 comments:

Victor said...

hahaahhahah. You have the gift of piano! now fly with it! learn how to improv! you'll be baller!

Anna said...

that's awesome, God is hilariously cool. =) he probably laughs at you when you do play the piano, nodding to himself like "yeahhh that's all me."

did your brother try to learn the Jay Chou song in order to get the girl? that would almost be admirable. =P

Shingers said...

LOL...sounds like your brother and i think alike